Plaser™ plasma decapsulation system
The BSET EQ Plaser™ is the world's first, and best, automated plasma decapper. The system offers unparalleled control and speed which allows for the removal of EMC in as little as 1 hour, or less, all while maintaining the integrity of the components.
Because of new package technologies, it has become more challenging for failure analysis teams to decapsulate today’s semiconductor devices. Often, plasma is the only way to meet your decapsulation needs.
The BSET EQ Plaser™ is the world's first, and best, automated plasma decapsulation system. The system has many advanced features that make it the system of choice for your plasma decapping needs…
- State of the art controller
- “Next step” Fillerblast® or Ultrasonic cleaning technology
- Progress monitor via camera
- End point detection via image analysis
- Precision automated stage with advanced controls
- Proprietary plasma source
- Switch between plasma sources for anisotropic etch
- Plasma power ramping and tuner
- Precision temperature control at stage
- Data logging
- Special vacuum configuration for pump protection
The Plaser™ uses several advanced technologies to achieve the best results available today in plasma decap.
- The part is held with all contact points at the same potential in a reusable fixture
- The part is then placed on the automated process stage
- The user presses start, and the part is automatically delivered into the process chamber
- After pumping down the chamber process gases are introduced into the chamber and the plasma process begins
- Every 5-10 mins the chamber vents to the atmosphere and moves the device to the fillerblast® or ultrasonic cleaning zone where fillers are subsequently removed automatically.
- After the filler removal routine, the device is then moved to a camera where a picture is taken and delivered to the progress monitor screen.
- If equipped with endpoint detection the image is analyzed for completeness.
- If further processing is required, the process is repeated
- Typical process times from the top of the wire loops are 1 hour or less